Pages

Monday, June 20, 2011

fried flowers

So I've been in Italy for about a week and a half now, and I just want to let you know that the food here is as good as ever. They don't just eat pasta in Italy though:

Try battering and frying up some zucchini blossoms. The blossoms are actually pretty big, like maybe half the size of my hand? You dip them in batter and then chuck them in a frying pan full of oil. Eat them (stem and all) with your hands, and make sure to eat some radishes right after, because apparently they absorb all the grease. (okay on second thought I have no idea where you are going to find zucchini blossoms, but it was an interesting idea.)

Caponata is a fantastic side dish made up of aggplants, onions, and other vegetables in a delightful sauce. My last host mother made it last week and it was great.

Tonight for dinner my host brother made a bruschetta from these toasted bagels, with diced tomatoes mixed with oil, garlic, and basil. Seriously delicious and super easy to make.

Hope this gave you some good ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment